Thursday, February 16, 2012

Slow road to recovery

‎2012, a new year, another year, and one that I hope brings more healing,not just physically, but also emotionally as well.... I had a surgery go TERRIBLY wrong, internal bleeding led to infected hematoma.... several surgeries, a pic line of heavy duty iv anti-biotics, and weeks turned into months later, I have slowly been trying to reach my pre-surgery self... It was about 4 years ago in February that I got my pic line out, my doc said a normal person it would take a couple years to bounce back after all my body had been through, but with having fibro, it would take 4-5 years.... that was back in 08, now, is 2012, 4 years later, and the house is better, JUST FINISHED my kitchen, the kids and I are good and emotionally connected and have wonderful relationships with friends an family... the little things like finishing my kitchen, laundry, Walmart shopping, may seem small to "healthy" people, but when a person has fibro or any other chronic pain ailment, it is an "accomplishment" to do what most people take forgranted.... I am hoping this year is better and look forward to warm weather around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Here's to a great year with no surgery and continued good relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw you at the disability carnival and can really relate to this post

    ReplyDelete