Tuesday, November 8, 2011

suffering

Been reading a book called, "How to be sick" and it has been really good so far.... I have just started it and it talks about suffering.... and I love words and meanings and this really resonated and stuck out to me and I wanted to share it......

"There are two kinds of suffering, One is when we feel we're being pressed down; as though suffering is coming at us from without, as though we're receiving something that's making us suffer.  The other kind of suffering is being under, just bearing it, JUST BEING IT." ~Joko Beck

Fibromyalgia is the latter form of suffering, one that becomes a part of us, we are it... and it sucks sometimes more than others. Support is huge and I am thankful for the one that I have and all the wonderful people God has brought in my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment